Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As Virta’s first HR Programs Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to immediately impact employee experience. This new role will lead our L&D and DEI efforts, scale our onboarding and management development initiatives, partner on our performance management process, increase support for remote work and explore and implement new programs to support Virta’s growth. In this role, you’ll own the full program lifecycle, from identifying needs and creating content to aligning stakeholders, facilitating and delivering content and iterating at scale.
- Develop and deliver engaging, creative, and impactful virtual, in-person, and blended programs to improve individual and organizational performance and development
- Project manage HR initiatives, integrating diversity of perspectives into design and delivery approaches
- Develop, draft, and manage complex workflows, planning and coordinating cross-functionally
- Facilitate sessions as needed
- Use data to propose programmatic improvements and drive implementation
- Lead projects and process improvements utilizing a focus on project management, change management best practices, and strategic communications
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Focus efforts on increasing and improving our DEI, management training, performance management and onboarding efforts
- Partner with our leadership team in understanding their need
- Identify opportunities for iterating on existing programs and developing new ones
- Experience in Learning & Development in a startup tech company including consulting, coaching and facilitation experience
- Experience creating and managing scalable programs in diversity and inclusion, people experience, and people development
- Understanding of training principles, tools, and best practices and experience pulling and creating analytical/deep dive reports
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, comfortable with high volume workload and willing to "roll up your sleeves”
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $101,385 - $116,594 information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.