Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
The Sr. Analyst, FP&A is an integral member of the company’s FP&A team, and is responsible for providing timely, relevant, and accurate reporting and analysis of financial and operating performance.
- Drives annual planning / budgeting processes and ongoing monthly re-forecasting, under the leadership of the Director FP&A, and provides financial, operational, and general business reporting.
- Ensures the FP&A team partners closely with key stakeholders to support long range planning and capital management.
- Partners with key stakeholders throughout the organization to create financial visibility and apply sound financial theory to assist in setting business priorities.
- Continuously develops and innovates around both standard and ad-hoc reporting to the Company’s key stakeholders.
- Prepares a variety of investor and Board reporting deliverables.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Establish working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Implement monthly Commercial and Operational financial reporting
- Review and provide input for monthly variance analyses
- Contribute to preparation of materials for quarterly Board meeting
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or a related field
- 3-5 years at a leading investment bank, management consulting firm or corporate finance
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively lead and communicate with staff across all levels, functions and external constituencies
- Persistence and intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches, form a point of view, and to challenge senior executives.
- Able to multitask without sacrificing attention to detail or efficiency of work production
- Possess a strong work ethic, personal and professional integrity and a positive attitude
- Anticipates and meets business demands in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel, G Suite, and related financial technology
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.