SOFTWARE ENGINEER, DATA
Virta is an online specialty medical clinic that reverses type 2 diabetes safely and sustainably, without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
We are looking for a talented data engineer to join our top-notch mission-driven team. If you meet the requirements below, we would love to tell you more about Virta in person.
- 4+ years of experience with using Python
- Knowledge of data pipelines and architectures, familiar with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores. Redshift knowledge a plus.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and data querying tools & libraries.
- Solid experience with BI & data visualization tools. Looker experience helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to build production code in addition to writing scripts and ad-hoc utilities
- Has attention to detail, carefully crafts both tests and code
- Loves learning new technologies and finding useful signals in structured and unstructured data
- Develop and maintain models, reports and dashboards for Business Intelligence and internal and external analytics purposes.
- Architect, develop and maintain data pipelines, ETL processes, stream processing, and data integrity tools. Setup new data warehousing and pipelining architectures and tools as needed.
- Perform directed and undirected data analysis investigations to find useful signals that help us in our mission.
- Coach and mentor fellow engineers to become great developers and recommend best practices and tools.
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Develop and productize at least one new significant data or analytics feature or service
- Teach and inspire other team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, code reviews, brown-bag sessions, SQL instruction, etc.
- Propose and implement one or more process improvements to make our engineering team even better
Alignment with the Virta culture:
- Demonstrated passion towards our purpose of improving the health of 100s of millions of people
- Experienced and thrives in a fast growing startup environment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and completed ambitious projects outside of work
- High intellectual horsepower
If that sounds like the kind of work you would love to be doing, reach out to us and let’s chat about how we might combine forces!