Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
In this role, you will be building features and maintaining our cross-platform application that is used daily by our patients. Your work will have a direct and meaningful impact on their lives. We’re looking for product-minded mobile engineers who have a keen design intuition, an eye for detail, and most importantly, compassion for our patients.
Check out our technical blog to find out how Virta is developing the next generation of healthcare technology: https://www.virtahealth.com/health-tech
- Partner with product management and design to come up with features and solutions that improve the entire Virta Experience from first applicant contact to latest patient achievements
- Code and ship complex features in our web and mobile apps, operating at a high velocity while maintaining well structured and high quality code
- Improve and iterate on engineering platforms by mentoring peers and partnering with senior engineers to champion best practices and tools
- Troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in apps and services as they come up
- Monitor and tune performance of applications to enhance user experience and enable rapid scaling
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Help patients reach their goals by contributing several features that involve both front-end and back-end code changes with robust test coverage
- Teach and inspire other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and thoughtful feedback in code reviews
- Propose and implement one or more process or product improvements to make our product development team even better
- 2+ years shipping back-end code in a high-quality production environment, with exposure to front-end development
- Experience with data and event-based architectures (API development, SQL/NoSQL datastores, messaging queues, etc.)
- Experience building and deploying microservices in production
- Strong communication skills with a proven history of interfacing with business-level stakeholders, both technical and non-technical alike
- Has attention to detail, carefully crafts both tests and code
- Loves learning and adapting to new technologies to solve core business problems
Bonus Points For...
- Server-side experience with Google Cloud Platform, GraphQL, Go, FHIR
- Front-end experience with React, React Native, Webpack, Typescript
- Significant experience in the Python ecosystem
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $102,000-$133,000 ; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers. Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.***