Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal.
Our mission: Reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is available to 100% of the U.S population, and we are expanding our capabilities to bring our groundbreaking online type 2 diabetes reversal treatment to even more patients.
As a Support Operations Sr. Associate at Virta, you will support our patient and clinician experience as our patients journey to diabetes reversal. Your primary responsibilities in this role will include designing and improving processes that provide clinical administrative support to our enrollment and clinical teams, to ensure that our online clinic can safely and accurately enroll applicants and treat patients in a timely manner. You will work to train and manage the outcomes for internal and external teams that proactively reach out to medical offices to obtain medical records and labs, and will represent Virta & our applicants to external providers and the healthcare system. Additionally, you will work with internal and external teams to engage with our applicants and patients to answer any non-clinical questions they may have as they enroll in our treatment and achieve positive health outcomes.
The Support Operations Sr. Associate will own these patient, clinical, and enrollment support processes, define metrics that measure their success, and work with a cross-functional team to fix and improve processes that will scale as Virta transforms more and more patients’ lives!
- Build processes that support our patients, our clinical team, and our enrollment team to positively impact patients’ health outcomes
- Provide guidance for teams that communicate with patients and external clinicians to gather patient health data for Virta clinicians, and identify opportunities to improve these processes
- Define, measure, and track KPIs for processes and functions under this position’s responsibility that are aligned with Virta’s goals. Communicate with senior leadership on plans to deliver and improve against this KPIs
- Manage external vendor teams to deliver and improve processes at scale, gather insights for patient experience, and own the budget and resources to realize efficiency gains
- Improve patient engagement by categorizing common issues that detract from patient or internal team experience, and working cross-functionally to fix them
- Help Virta scale operationally by building data driven systems and processes with tools like Google Sheets, Looker, etc. to help provide transformative outcomes as we scale
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Onboard and learn current patient, clinical, and enrollment support processes to get insight into areas for improvement
- Own the outcomes of the processes you take on, and find ways to improve operational process in a scalable manner
- Develop new processes and improve documentation so others can easily onboard to and execute additional or changing workstreams
- Work with external teams to scale our operations, and manage these teams to key outcomes
- Build relationships across the Operations and Product organizations
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and be data-driven in solving business problems
- Operational experience in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Experience using technology tools to solve operational problems and build scale
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to listen to understand an issue and problem solve cross-functionally
- Attention to details, especially around building scalable processes
- Interest and ability in working with large sets of data to find insights [and then build systems based on those insights]
- Ability to connect with patients to get a deeper understanding of their experience
- Passion for working cross functionally and building scalable processes to make people’s jobs easier
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided