Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science, and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Here at Virta, we rely heavily on Data and Analytics to make decisions about our business and product, as well as to demonstrate our value to our customers and accurately collect revenue. We collect and organize disparate forms of data from both internal and external sources to generate insightful reports and do complex analyses to understand what’s truly driving outcomes. We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to work cross-functionally to ensure that these needs are being met for our various business functions and that we have a functional, high caliber analytics organization that can work with business functions and the executive team to drive business/product decisions with analysis and insights.
- Own Virta’s data-driven decision making, including Product & Business Analytics, KPI definition/tracking and managing our BI platform/dashboards (Looker)
- Build, manage and own company KPI dashboard; including partnering with cross functional stakeholders to define metrics, targets and drive accountability across teams
- Partner with the product teams to design, implement, and analyze product experiments; inform product roadmap by estimating KPI impact of future product initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with company executives to inform, set, and drive company strategy through data and insights
- Partner with operations and commercial leaders to design and continuously improve their processes
- Partner with our Data Infrastructure team to ensure that underlying structures support the current and future analytics needs of the company
- Support our billing and finance teams in ensuring integrity of reporting for forecasting and corporate reportinG.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Understand and prioritize Virta’s analytics needs; assess urgency and develop a queue/process for managing stakeholders
- Take ownership of and re-evaluate Virta’s top-level company KPI dashboard; put processes in place to drive accountability on company KPI’s across the company
- Take ownership of our company BI tool (Looker) and respond to business needs for curating/building dashboards and reports
- Partner with product and ops teams (Treatment & Growth) to develop an experimentation platform/process for ensuring that experiments are set up and analyzed to maximize learnings
- Understand Virta’s current Data Infra setup and partner with the Data Infra Eng team to build their roadmap for 2020
- 5+ years in a Data Science, Analytics, BI or similar role
- 2+ years working with cross-functional business partners, in particular, VP-level stakeholders
- Experience working closely with product/engineering teams to analyze product experiments and understand primary drivers of outcomes
- Advanced degree (M.S./PhD) in Data Science, Stats, or similar
- Nice to have:
- Healthcare data experience (claims, clinical outcomes, population health, etc.)
- Experience working at a “full-stack” company or marketplace where there is a complex relationship between different types of users
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.