Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Interested in leading events for a high-performing marketing team to expand access to life-changing healthcare for people with diabetes? Virta Health is looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented planner to manage event marketing on our Enterprise Marketing team.
This 32hr/wk contract-to-hire role will potentially expand to a full-time, permanent position as Virta rapidly scales.
You will plan and execute field events for prospective Virta business customers, including employee benefit leaders and consultants as well as clinical and business leaders from health insurance plans.
Example events include: The Conference Board, National Business Group on Health, HLTH, Blue Cross Blue Shield National Summit.
- Event Planning and Project Management
- Vendor and venue management
- Booth setup and logistics
- Coordinating and informing internal staff
- Researching and applying to the best event speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Guiding designers to create promotional materials
- Maximizing the number and quality of leads captured at events
- Preparing external volunteer speakers with a “customer-service” attitude
- Collecting feedback to make improvements of our events
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Update, share, and secure staff for Virta’s 2020 Events Plan
- Secure high-priority speaking, exhibiting, and sponsorship opportunities
- Create project plans in Asana (project management tool) for major events
- 2+ years in business-to-business (B2B) event management, or B2B marketing with significant time covering field events, hospitality or trade show planning, and executing on-site programs
- Proactive planning, project management, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to create, run, and improve event-related processes and communicate them effectively
- Ability to work independently against tight deadlines in a dynamic, changing environment while keeping a sharp eye on detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams (including remote colleagues) at all levels, from Sales to the C-Suite
- Willingness to travel approximately 40%
- BS/BA required
- Helpful experience
- B2B marketing or sales experience, preferably to HR/Benefits or Health Plan buyers
- Strong copywriting skills
- Knowledge of current best practices for event marketing
- Experience using Salesforce, Marketo, and 3rd Party Integrated Tools
- Experience planning virtual events, such as webinars
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.