Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta Health is looking to add a Digital Growth & Performance Marketing Manager in order to drive and scale our multi-channel paid acquisition initiatives. This role will be responsible for driving patient growth at an acceptable CAC for our B2B2C and direct-to-patient businesses, specifically in the area of paid social (i.e. Facebook), content, and SEM. The position requires the ability to develop creative & copy, analyze data, continuously test, and learn to help grow and scale the business. This role will own our paid strategy from end to end, including strategy and execution. We are chasing aggressive metrics, so this role includes access to budgets for both testing and scaling, as well as world class internal resources for design. You’ll also help us devise cross-channel campaigns and help drive advancement in our multi-touch attribution and analytics capabilities.
As growth is currently the #1 priority for the company, this means that this role is high-exposure and will have company-wide visibility. This role requires significant cross-functional work, as you will have to interface with and lead projects across a variety of teams, including Design, Product, Customer Success, and Sales. This role is perfect for individuals searching for rapid growth and learning opportunities, as we have a vast amount of high-priority projects that require immediate ownership.
If you have experience with digital growth & performance marketing, and want to bring that to help dramatically scale a disruptive company that is saving lives, we would love to hear from you!
- Utilize internal and external data in order to drive patient acquisition through paid channels at an acceptable CAC
- Devise, deploy, and optimize paid social, display, online video, and other campaigns to drive patient acquisition from our target populations
- Collaborate with our Customer Success team and customers to ensure our digital marketing is activating and engaging their covered beneficiaries
- Develop and manage spend goals across multiple channels including paid social, search, and other emerging channels like influencers, podcasts, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with leaders on product, engineering, design and analytics to uncover and invest in new growth opportunities
- Scale and improve spend efficiency across channels
- Provide forecasting updates and recommendations on how ad dollars should be deployed
- Test, iterate, and improve upon our ad to landing page experience and conversion
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Take complete ownership of all of Virta’s B2B2C paid digital advertising
- Build a new process for scaling the launch and management of many paid campaigns
- Develop new paid strategies to improve activation rates and engage mid/late-stage adopters (patients) at later-stage customers.
- Develop, implement, test, and report on multiple new ad campaigns, with a particular focus on Facebook and Google
- Redo our ad to landing page experience, including developing new ad and landing page copy and creative
- Take over paid budgets and develop proposal for Q12020 spend, and pitch to Senior Management for approval
- Investigate the differences between our covered and direct patient acquisition, create new benchmarks and KPIs, and then report out on progress to key internal stakeholders and Senior Management
- Connect with interested and enrolled patients to develop a strong understanding of our target patient mindset and how to develop marketing strategies that fit their needs
- 4+ years experience with digital marketing, including hands-on experience buying and optimizing, ideally with a focus on paid social, display, and video in the DTC space
- Experience in optimizing direct response marketing programs, while driving efficiency and meeting ROI targets
- Strong working knowledge of paid social management tools (e.g. Facebook Manager) and programmatic management tools (e.g., Google Campaign Manager)
- Strong knowledge of the digital paid, growth, and performance marketing industry and landscape
- An experienced marketer of consumer or wellness products
- Creative thinker with an eye for design
- Highly organized project-manager, extremely detail oriented, with a proven ability to run complex processes, navigate organizations, and lead meetings effectively and efficiently
- Strong analytical skills with the ability and enthusiasm about data to deep-dive into marketing data and pull out key insights
- Accountable, proactive, and thoughtful with demonstrated strategic problem-solving skills
- Passionate about Virta’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Bonus points for:
- Experience integrating paid strategy with email marketing
- Experience with advanced measurement and analytics (multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, or similar)
- Experience working in a regulated space, especially healthcare
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.