Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
This Patient Marketing Manager will be responsible for activating patients at Virta’s biggest and most important customers, which is currently the #1 priority for the entire company. This role requires cross-functional leadership, as you will have to interface with and lead projects across a variety of teams, including Customer Success, Design, Sales, Product, and Enrollment Operations. This role is perfect for individuals searching for rapid growth and learning opportunities, as we have many high-priority projects that require immediate ownership. In particular, if you are creative and love to develop email content and campaigns, collaborate with design on the creative, test and analyze performance data, and then figure out scalable ways to implement, you will really enjoy this role and have ample opportunities for company-wide visibility and career growth.
- Activating patients at Virta customers, i.e. motivating them to apply and then enroll in our treatment.
- Typical marketing channels include email, paid (digital ads), landing pages, mailers, phone campaigns, webinars, onsite events, benefits portals integrations, print materials, and incentive challenges.
- Interfacing with new customers to successfully deploy Virta in their population.
- Implement the marketing playbook and create new or custom solutions to fit each customers’ needs.
- Requires significant creativity and project management, as well as cross-functional work with the Customer Success and Design teams in particular.
- Occasionally collaborate and pitch with the Sales team at potential customers to sell them on our patient activation strategy.
- Creating new email marketing campaigns, content, and design.
- A/B testing and reworking our launch email campaign.
- Writing custom emails for key customers.
- Collaborate on our quarterly email campaigns.
- Create new copy and creative in a patient-centric, empathetic, scientifically accurate, and provocative manner.
- Scaling marketing operations and tactics.
- You will be on the front lines of Virta’s growth curve, and thus be key in building and maintaining scalable processes that ensure best practices are maintained and work is completed efficiently.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Successfully launch patient marketing at new Virta customers.
- Learn our marketing playbook and look for ways to improve it.
- Develop new email strategies to improve activation rates and engage mid/late-stage adopters at later-stage customers.
- Pick an existing marketing tactic (or pitch a new one) and run an A/B test to see how much you can improve its performance or efficiency
- Participate in a sales pitch with a potential customer to learn how to sell our marketing strategy
- Connect with interested and enrolled patients to develop a strong understanding of our target patient mindset and how to develop marketing strategies that fit their needs
- 3-5 years experience running DTC marketing (emails, digital ads, mailers, etc.) in the health, medical, or digital wellness space
- 2+ years experience interfacing with high-level external stakeholders
- Strong, consumer-centric writer and content creator with top-notch editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated experience managing email campaigns and collaborating with design and marketing ops for build and implementation
- Creative thinker with an eye for design
- Highly organized project-manager, extremely detail oriented, with a proven ability to run complex processes, navigate organizations, and lead meetings effectively and efficiently
- Effective and engaging communicator able to successfully pitch ideas and influence executives from large companies
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to deep-dive into marketing data and pull out key insights
- Accountable, proactive, and thoughtful with demonstrated strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to 'pitch in' with other areas of marketing management and optimization
- Willingness to travel approximately 10%
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.