Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is looking for an experienced public relations and communications professional to join our Corporate Marketing team. This is an incredible opportunity to help further drive Virta’s narrative and how our care model is shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal.
Virta is a mission-driven organization, and success in every role begins with a desire to help our patients be successful. The person in this role will have a passion for working with media members and telling authentic stories that matter. You’ll be successful if you can think thoughtfully and quickly, while acting independently to move initiatives forward. You’ll have autonomy to do your job, while also having a world-class team to partner with to help identify and secure stories that showcase our approach, our team, and most importantly, our amazing patients.
- Develop and execute public relations strategies and campaigns that advance awareness and perception of Virta among our key audiences
- Drive Virta’s messaging among media and other key influencers, managing the relationship with and responsibilities of our external PR team to do so
- Work directly with Virta’s clinical team, scientists, engineers, and product professionals to identify strategies and opportunities for new stories
- Manage end-to-end execution of Virta announcements, including the creation of compelling content (press releases, blog posts, updates to press kit, social media, infographics, etc)
- Own key relationships with media, providing responses when needed
- Analyze and report on media coverage, while evolving Virta’s ability to understand and report on communications effectiveness
- Identify opportunities for Virta’s executives to participate in media opportunities, conferences, and other promotional activities
- Learn Virta’s messaging and story, and contribute your insights to evolve and enhance it
- Identify, pitch, and secure stories in target media outlets
- Create 2020 strategy for media relations and communicate to key Virta stakeholders
- Evaluate and revamp internal reporting on earned media success
- Ability to distill complex messaging concepts into simple ideas that resonate with Virta’s key audiences
- A passion for working with media members to tell authentic stories
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, with ability to author everything from long-form content to website copy
- Interest and ability to try new ideas, coupled with the project management skills to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Fully up to date on the most relevant industry trends with an ability to articulate their importance to Virta and communicate our role to key executives
- 5+ years in a PR role, ideally with experience in the healthcare industry
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided