Virta is an online specialty medical clinic that reverses type 2 diabetes safely and sustainably without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Working in partnership with Virta’s CEO, you will play a critical role in driving Virta’s success. You will be a key stakeholder in supporting high-impact strategic priorities and high-visibility projects across the office of the CEO. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting executive-level staff, and is ready to hit the ground running! This position requires initiative, attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly, and a passion for delivering strategic value in a fast paced environment.
- Work closely with Virta’s CEO & Co-Founder to increase productivity and efficiency by managing his most precious resource: time!
- Proactively vett, prioritize, and audit his calendar.
- Coordinate internal & external meetings including all executive staff, direct report, customer, investor, & board meetings.
- Book and coordinate complex travel for meetings and conferences.
- Practice impeccable discretion and judgment when presented with sensitive company, customer, and personal information.
- Represent Virta’s CEO both internally and externally, balancing personality, professionalism and collaboration.
- Promote Virta’s culture & values across cross-functional teams through off-sites and company-wide events.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Own all executive administrative responsibilities for our CEO.
- Develop template for daily meeting briefs.
- Measure CEO’s time usage against quarterly strategic priorities.
- Minimum 4 years experience in admin role; successful experience supporting an executive team member(s)
- Tactful and effective communication skills both externally and internally, verbally and written.
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive and assertive approach to managing tasks and responsibilities; excels at anticipating needs.
- Highly detail oriented and creative.
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically in support of an executive
- Positive outlook and attitude & passion for our mission.
- Knowledge of gSuite, including Google docs, gmail, calendar, travel booking platforms, etc.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate