Virta is an online specialty medical clinic that reverses type 2 diabetes safely and sustainably without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
We are looking for our first DevOps Engineer to join our top-notch mission-driven team to help define and implement the future of DevOps at Virta. If you meet the requirements below, we would love to tell you more about Virta in person.
- 4+ years of experience in system administration and DevOps work in an IaaS environment
- Strong knowledge of AWS, Linux, Docker, PostgreSQL, and Redis
- Demonstrated ability to maintain, scale, and secure systems in a fast-growing startup environment
- Has attention to detail, carefully tests and implements changes
- Experience operating in HIPAA environments a plus
- Define, implement and automate a wide range of DevOps tasks including deployments, standing up new services, monitoring/alerting infrastructure and process, authentication and security practices, etc.
- Coach and mentor fellow engineers to become great DevOps contributors and recommend best practices and tools.
- Help out with internal IT and infrastructure as needed
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Learn and evaluate our current infrastructure, code deployment and DevOps processes
- Recommend and prioritize changes and additional automation, processes and tools
- Implement several of the above recommendations in collaboration with our engineering team
- Teach and inspire other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, code reviews, brown-bag sessions, etc.
Alignment with the Virta culture:
- Demonstrated passion towards our purpose of improving the health of 100s of millions of people
- Experienced and thrives in a fast growing startup environment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and completed ambitious projects outside of work
- High intellectual horsepower
If that sounds like the kind of work you would love to be doing, reach out to us and let’s chat about how we might combine forces!