Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
This Associate Manager, Patient Marketing will be responsible for activating patients at Virta’s biggest and most important customers, which is currently the #1 priority for the entire company. This role requires cross-functional leadership, as you will have to interface with and lead projects across a variety of teams, including Customer Success, Design, Sales, Product, and Enrollment Operations. This role is perfect for individuals searching for rapid growth and learning opportunities, as we have a vast amount of high-priority projects. In particular, if you are creative and love to develop new strategies and tactics by pitching ideas, writing content, designing creative, testing and analyzing data, and then figuring out scalable ways to implement, you will really enjoy this role and have ample opportunities for company-wide visibility and career growth.
- Activating patients at Virta customers, i.e. motivating them to apply and then enroll in our treatment.
- This requires building awareness of how Virta works, and then figuring out how to motivate different types of patients to enroll in the treatment.
- At later-stage customers, this includes determining new outreach strategies when the usual channels have been exhausted.
- Typical marketing channels include email, paid digital ads, content, mailers, phone campaigns, webinars, onsite events, benefits portals integrations and promotions, print materials, and incentive challenges.
- Interfacing with new customers to successfully deploy Virta in their population.
- This requires significant creativity and project management, as well as cross-functional work with the Customer Success and Design teams in particular.
- You will have to both implement the marketing playbook and understand when to pivot away from the playbook to create new or custom solutions to fit each customers’ needs.
- You will need to communicate with external executives, including SVPs and above at Fortune 500 companies, to collaborate on marketing strategy and implementation of tactics.
- On occasion, you will collaborate and pitch with the Sales team at potential customers to sell them on our patient activation strategy.
- Creating new marketing strategies, channels, content, design, and tactics.
- You will generate new ways to activate our target patient population across all customers.
- This ranges from A/B testing and reworking our email campaigns, to imagining new copy and creative for digital ads, to finding a new advertising platform or channel and piloting experiments through it.
- You will frequently have to write copy and generate new creative in a patient-centric, empathetic, scientifically accurate, and provocative manner.
- We need an “ideas” person who pushes the cutting edge and gets their hands dirty to implement novel solutions from end-to-end.
- Scaling marketing operations and tactics.
- You will be on the front lines of Virta’s growth curve, and thus be key in building and maintaining scalable processes that ensure best practices are maintained and work is completed efficiently.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Successfully launch patient marketing at a new Virta customer
- Learn our marketing playbook and look for ways to improve it
- Develop, pitch, test, and report on a new marketing tactic
- Take on several later-stage deployments and develop new strategies to improve activation rates and engage mid/late-stage adopters
- Pick an existing marketing tactic and run an A/B test to see how much you can improve its performance or efficiency
- Create and implement new marketing content and creative at active customers
- Participate in a sales pitch with a potential customer to learn how to sell our marketing strategy
- Connect with interested and enrolled patients to develop a strong understanding of our target patient mindset and how to develop marketing strategies that fit their needs
- 3-5 years experience running DTC marketing (emails, digital ads, mailers, etc.) in the health, medical, or digital wellness space
- 2+ years experience interfacing with high-level external stakeholders
- Strong, consumer-centric writer and content creator with top-notch editing and proofreading skills
- Creative thinker with an eye for design
- Highly organized project-manager, extremely detail oriented, with a proven ability to run complex processes, navigate organizations, and lead meetings effectively and efficiently
- Effective and engaging communicator able to successfully pitch ideas and influence executives from large companies
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to deep-dive into marketing data and pull out key insights
- Accountable, proactive, and thoughtful with demonstrated strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to 'pitch in' with other areas of marketing management and optimization
- Willingness to travel approximately 10%
Bonus points for:
- Deep expertise in any of the key patient marketing growth areas like digital ad optimization (Facebook, Google, etc.), phone-based outreach (calls, robocalls, texts, VM drops, etc.), partner portal integrations (Castlight, Accolade, Solera), or mailers
- Experience with market research via surveys, message testing, and persona development
- Business operations experience
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate