Virta is the first clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes without the risks, costs or side effects of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As a full stack health care company of physicians, engineers, scientists, marketers and more under one roof - Virta collects comprehensive data on our patients’ experience. The Data Science & Analytics team leverages this data and our compute resources to build the next generation of health care for chronic diseases.
We are looking for an experienced Analytics Engineer to build and manage our systems for organizational analytics. The Analytics Engineer will empower all Virtan departments to drive decisions with data through self-service technology, education, and process. The scope of these self service tools will grow. You will work with our data scientists and data engineers to evolve functionality from basic data access to complex visualizations, experimentation reporting, forecasting & predictive modeling
- Has built and/or managed analytics platforms at prior companies.
- Exceptional coding skills, particularly conducting data analysis in SQL and modern python data processing technologies (Dask, pySpark, Apache Beam)
- Experience with job orchestration tools like Airflow
- Experience project managing junior analysts and data engineers
Bonus points for experience in:
- Experience building machine learning or statistical models, and conducting experiments in production
- MBA or management consulting experience
- Define a coherent data model (and associated ETLs) to power our analytics platform and data science.
- Manage an ecosystem of self-service analytics tools for use by Virtan teams, and educate the company on how to use these tools.
- Pair with departments to define mission critical metrics & data needed for day-to-day decisions and operations, with an eye towards enabling teams to self serve
- Own reporting of company critical KPIs and analysis of KPI evolution
- Opportunity to manage a small team of analysts and project manage data engineers in the future
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate