Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As an Event Marketing Associate, you will be the primary person responsible for executing Virta’s enterprise events strategy in 2019, which aims to engage HR leaders at US-based Fortune 1000 companies. You will research local markets and determine optimal venues for our planned B2B events, and then continue to negotiate with venues, caterers, and other vendors, as needed. You will also work to prepare Virta’s sales and marketing team for these events, to ensure they are fully ready for all event logistics. And finally, you will support our marketing and inside sales team to maximize lead generation coming from all events.
This position is a 5 month part-time contract role requiring 5-10 hours per week.
- Coordinate 4-5 events across North America, including trade shows as well as customer-facing dinners and happy hours
- Secure venues and catering
- Be primary point-person onsite for events to ensure they run smoothly
- Assume ownership of logistics for key event materials including booth, swag, and print collateral
- Bachelor's Degrees
- Incredible attention to detail
- Great planner, super organized
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise event planning
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate