Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
The ideal candidate is organized, has excellent time management skills and can handle multiple tasks at once. They also will possess strong communication skills, and can anticipate the needs of the office. This person will likely have previous experience wearing many hats and is ready to hit the ground running!
- Support the Head of Operations with scheduling and daily administrative needs.
- Manage weekly food/catering needs, help keep stocked with snacks.
- Manage office supplies and requests to ensure Team can work efficiently and productively.
- Help with HR processes, specifically onboarding, desk set-up, first day orientation.
- Help create and foster company culture including planning company events and employee life events such as birthdays, anniversaries, family additions and happy hours.
- Ensure cleanliness of the office, supply and inventory management and maintenance of office property.
- Distribute incoming mail/deliveries and prepare outgoing mail/deliveries.
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to manage shifting priorities, highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated for constant learning, proactive at collaboration and a strong sense of responsibility.
- An analytical solutions-oriented mindset; likes to problem solve. Highly detail oriented and creative. Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically.
- A positive team-player.
- Tech savvy, knowledgeable of Apple products and Google docs, gMail, calendar.
- Confident and decisive. Tactful and utilizes effective communications skills both externally and internally, verbally and written.
- Experience with contracts and vendor management.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate