Virta is an online specialty medical clinic that reverses type 2 diabetes safely and sustainably, without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
We are looking for a talented full-stack engineer to join our top-notch mission-driven team. If you meet the requirements below, we would love to tell you more about Virta in person.
- Has attention to detail, carefully crafts both tests and code
- Loves learning new technologies
- Experience with React is a big plus
- Code and ship complex new features on our web app at high velocity and high quality with well-structured code.
- Troubleshoot debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
- Coach and mentor peer engineers to become great developers and recommend best practices and tools.
- Help out with DevOps and IT tasks as necessary
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Code and ship at least one new complex feature that involves both front and back end code with full test coverage
- Teach and inspire other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and/or giving feedback during code reviews
- Propose and implement one or more process improvements to make our engineering team even better
Alignment with the Virta culture:
- Demonstrated passion towards our purpose of improving the health of 100s of millions of people
- Experienced and thrives in a fast growing startup environment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and completed ambitious projects outside of work
- High intellectual horsepower
If that sounds like the kind of work you would love to be doing, reach out to us and let’s chat about how we might combine forces!