Virta is an online specialty medical clinic that reverses type 2 diabetes safely and sustainably without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is seeking a Healthcare Market Development Lead who will act as a key ‘face of the company’ to clinically-trained corporate customers, medical specialty societies, business partners, and others in the clinical community. This role requires an MD, preferably with a specialty, and experience practicing, in endocrinology or cardiology. This person will represent Virta’s clinical and health-economic research data, as well as our clinical operations, via presentations and discussion with clinical/business leaders at employers, insurance plans, specialty societies, and in the broad clinical community at select conferences. The person in this role will also be a key ‘mouthpiece of the market’ to translate clinical-community input on Virta’s treatment back into the Clinical Operations and Research groups at Virta. Overall, the goals for this role are to increase Virta’s visibility as a provider practice, and to maximize access for potential patients. This is a leadership role with growth potential within the organization.
- Medical Doctorate (MD) with specialty, and experience practicing, in cardiology or endocrinology
- Understanding of how health insurance works
- Ability to present clinical and health-economic data in a compelling way in front of executive (inc. medically-trained) audiences
- Planning strategy for, and speaking with, potential and current employer and health insurer customers with the goal of helping the Enterprise Sales function close contracts with these entities for expanded patient access to the Virta Treatment
- Planning strategy for, attending, and in some cases speaking at healthcare-business conferences like AHIP, HERO, etc with the goal of maximizing the visibility and reputation of Virta
- Planning strategy for, and speaking with, specialty societies like ADA, AACE, etc. with the goals of:
- Maximizing the visibility and reputation of Virta and our care protocols
- Where appropriate, developing partnerships with such societies to support Virta’s mission
- Managing Virta’s clinical KOL network with the goals of:
- Increasing Virta’s visibility among KOLs and practicing HCPs
- Influencing health insurance carriers to contract with Virta as a provider in-network
- Prep clinically-oriented presentation and reading materials, working with Enterprise Marketing (slides, white papers, etc.)
- Act as a ‘mouthpiece of the market’ to translate clinical-community input on Virta’s treatment back into the Clinical Operations and Research groups at Virta.
- Act as a key clinical spokesperson for Virta in select media opportunities
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Work with Enterprise Marketing, Clinical Operations, and Research to develop, and then deploy in the market, presentation materials and white paper(s) to communicate Virta’s clinical operations/care protocols and clinical/health-economic outcomes data.
- Meet with 5+ corporate customers (employers, insurance carriers) in conjunction with Head of Commercial and/or Enterprise Partnerships Lead.
- Develop targeted strategy for 2018-2019 for engaging and increasing Virta acceptance with key specialty societies such as ADA, AACE, etc.
- Develop 2018-2019 strategy for leveraging Virta’s KOL network to broaden Virta’s visibility in the overall clinical community, and communicate with KOL network 2+ times via electronic channels
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate