Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
The Customer Success Lead will be the key liaison with Virta’s contracted Enterprise Customers - responsible for ensuring Customers are happy, and for maximizing the lifetime value of Enterprise Customer accounts. This roles will take primary responsibility for delivering on Virta monthly patient application goals, by working with Enterprise Customers to open up employee/dependent/member marketing channels. As such, the role’s compensation includes a significant incentive compensation component, and we are looking for a professional in this role who has a track record of successfully meeting sales quotas.
The role involves a great deal of cross-functional coordination across Virta departments, while keeping the best interests of our Customers and our patients in mind.
This person will report to Virta’s Head of Commercial & Policy, and will initially have 2-3 direct reports. This is a leadership role with growth potential within the organization.
- 3+ year track record in sales and/or account management/customer success, of achieving sales quotas
- Proven success in project-managing complex projects in an enterprise/business context
- Proven track record of successful cross-functional collaboration inside an organization - working with others to get things done while making everyone feel great about their efforts!
- Experience working with customers in a consultative fashion (as a consultant, account manager, etc.)
Manage team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to do the following (and in some cases, carry out these responsibilities as an individual contributor):
- Lead relationships with Enterprise Customer contacts at all levels; develop understanding of strategic context for Customer business and value Virta can add
- Act as central, Customer-facing Project Manager for enterprise Customer deployments, coordinating the following Virta functions:
- Patient Marketing & Design
- Enrollment Operations
- Legal & Compliance
- Data Science/Analytics
- Engineering & Security
- Take primary responsibility for achieving Virta Enterprise patient application targets (set by the Head of Commercial and CEO), by:
- Working with Customer as well as other partners (e.g., employee portal providers) to repeatedly and frequently open enrollment marketing channels to employees/dependents/members (e.g., email and direct mail campaigns, other strategies/tactics as well)
- Working with Virta’s Patient Marketing group to support deployment of periodic ‘application campaigns’ at each Enterprise Customer
- (Requires strong and speedy management of team members to hit aggressive monthly quotas)
- Lead Customer reporting on Virta progress and outcomes, in the context of also leading periodic Customer Progress Review Meetings.
- Work with Virta Product and Engineering teams to develop, and then manage, Virta Enterprise Partner online portals
- Act as point-person on resolving any issues brought forth by Virta Enterprise Customers.
- Build tools and processes to support an effective and scalable Customer Success function
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Build great relationships with Virta colleagues!
- Customer Success processes and tools
- Customer Success SFDC application
- Customer Initial Deployment Project Mgt framework
- ‘Refresh application campaign’ framework (working with Patient Marketing)
- Customer reporting templates/framework
- Lead current processes and tools
- Propose roadmap for improvement of processes and tools for remainder 2018, work cross-functionally to begin implementation
- Key processes and tools include, but are not limited to:
- Team management
- Begin regular team meetings
- Develop professional development plans for team members
- Take individual responsibility for 1-3 Enterprise accounts
- Application target-setting & tracking/contingency-planning:
- Work with CS team, Patient Marketing team, Head of Commercial, and CEO to agree on next quarter and full-year application goals, overall and by known Customer account (CS team will have incentive compensation tied to achievement of these targets)
- Develop and execute plan for daily/weekly/monthly tracking of achievement against application goals
- Develop contingency plan(s) for account-level situations where we may fall behind target trends
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate