Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is now available to nearly 100% of the U.S population, and we are expanding our capabilities to bring our groundbreaking online type 2 diabetes reversal clinic directly to patients. As Virta’s Operations Analyst, you will be a key member of the Operations team, which includes: Enrollment, Eligibility Screening, Patient Support, Health Coaching, Virta Physicians and Supply Management.
You will work with Operations leadership to drive insights from various data & make strategic recommendations on capacity planning, process improvements & work cross-functionally to implement key strategic initiatives.
You will play a key role in defining the future of the operations team at Virta. We have numerous important near-term projects and need to serve tens of thousands of patients in the next couple years...and we need your help in figuring out how! A successful person in this role will effectively help the Operations leadership to drive systematic, scalable solutions to enrolling & serving our patients.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and be extremely data-driven in solving business problems & managing teams
- Exceptional team player - willinging to jump on any project & work with anyone to drive to a solution
- Ability to connect with applicants and patients to get a deeper understanding of their experience
- Strategic or operational experience in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Experience using technology and data analysis tools like Excel, Google Sheets to solve operational problems and build scale
- Very strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to listen to understand an issue and problem solve cross-functionally
- Attention to details especially around building scalable processes
- Passion for working cross functionally and building scalable processes to make people’s jobs easier
Nice to haves:
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience using Looker, SQL, or other similar data analytics tools
- Drive insights from various data & make strategic recommendations on capacity planning, process improvements & areas of focus for the Operations team
- Work cross-functionally to implement key strategic initiatives
- Build scalable & actionable data reporting processes for the Operations team
- Own Virta’s physical supply management process (the supplies & resupplies we send to our patients, critical for their care)
- Deeply understand the entire applicant & patient experience to identify areas for improvement
- Own and drive various operations team special projects
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
Redesign our inventory & supply management process
- Use a data-driven approach to identify challenges, recommend solutions and implement a new process
- Deeply understand our applicant & patient experience with our current process and how an ideal process would look & feel to them
Own the various data channels that Operations leadership relies on and create consistent, scalable processes
- We have a TON of data on our applicants & patients and while we have some systems for ingesting and analyzing it all, it needs work!
- Help us determine drive insights from the data we have & create processes to consistently review our data
Build and iterate on a system to make sure we are matching our rapidly growing demand with appropriate supply fo serve our patients.
- Work with the business development, customer success, and enrollment teams to understand and predict demand
- Work with the clinical operations team to understand needs around hiring and supply
- Understand recruiting, hiring and onboarding process for clinicians and help manage process to ensure execution
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate