Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As the FP&A Lead, you will provide thought leadership and business partnering to senior executives throughout Virta including Sales, Ops, Engineering, Product Development and other teams. This leader will drive value with a particular focus on leading the organization’s annual planning, quarterly forecasting processes and sales forecasting/sales goal setting efforts, as well as supporting a wide range of strategic analysis and decision-making for the group. You’ll have the business maturity to set ambitious goals and the intellectual horsepower to derive deep, data-driven insights that will help us realize those goals.
- 7+ years of finance experience at a leading software company. Sales Operations experience a must, and a background in SaaS companies strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience partnering with senior executives across differing organizations.
- Process-oriented with a strong sense of affinity with the rapid pace of a growing and dynamic environment.
- Prior leadership and people management experience with the ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members.
- You sweat the details and maintain a high level of integrity in your work.
- You're able to build positive relationships with business leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly. Experience in presenting Board level analyses.
- Strong influencing skills; assertive without being antagonistic or alienating; ability to work in a collaborative and team-centric culture.
- Prior experience working in the accounting or sales function (perhaps in a prior career) is a plus too!
- You have demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools. You have mastery of Excel and Google Office Suite; and are experienced with Salesforce & NetSuite.
- You have an undergraduate degree in finance, economics or a quantitative discipline. MBA preferred. Professional qualifications such as CFA or CPA a plus.
- Oversee the company’s budgeting, planning and forecasting for the fiscal years ahead.
- Own and manage our core financial models, focusing on accuracy and alignment and ensuring that infrastructure is scalable.
- Manage the quarterly and annual forecast process for the organization. Identify variances vs. plan and make recommendations to achieve plan goals.
- Identify key financial trends and proactively offer solutions to mitigate negative trends or accelerate positive ones.
- Attract, develop and retain a high-performing FP&A team (when the need arises).
- Drive preparation of board decks and generate insights with a broader story in mind.
- Play a key role in leading operating reviews. Be a solid business partner that can highlight risks & opportunities in a constructive way to senior stakeholders.
- Prepare presentations and supporting analysis for Executive management around strategic goals and plans.
- Ad-hoc analysis and various other reporting projects including decision support, metrics and revenue and customer analytics.
- Work with members of the senior management team on the development and evaluation of business plans.
- Bring new thinking and ways of doing things to the function, as appropriate, including analyzing and pushing new metrics and performance indicators to help identify trends.
- Continually improve processes, drive change and elevate the level of reporting for the organization.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Establish strong working relationships with department leads and become the internal point of contact for budgeting and sales finance needs.
- Own, update and extend the Virta budget & model. Add customized model drivers for, and model the returns associated with, allocation of resources to specific growth initiatives.
- Begin outlining 2019 budget schedule and working on process planning.
- Review and own the annual budget process, including departmental budgeting process.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to our technology stack.
- Establish sales objective setting methodologies and reporting templates (against plan) and processes around reporting.
- Establish sales and marketing dashboards and analytics.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate