Vermont Information Processing is the country's leading provider of software solutions for the beverage industry. We craft the technology that assists in every part of a beverage's journey from its creator to your glass! For over 50 years VIP's growth and success have been driven by the excellent relationships that we've built with our beverage customers and partners. We work to solve their mission-critical problems, provide innovative solutions for their businesses and never stop reimagining ways that we can help them succeed.
VIP’s Pricing Team is seeking a Mid-level Software Engineer (SE2) with a passion for creating user-friendly applications. The ideal candidate will take great pride in their work and be willing to rethink and suggest improvements for current applications as well as contribute to the development of new projects. This person must be comfortable working closely with a small team and have the flexibility to work on clearly-defined as well as abstract tasks to achieve a shared goal.
The successful candidate will have practical programming experience, knowledge of programming best practices, and have the ability to work in a high energy environment. As a Software Engineer you will work in a team to improve the features and stability of existing applications. You will be assigned programming changes identified by our customers and can include enhancements, fixes to bugs, customization of software or interface development (data extracts).
- Independently complete well-scoped components from a larger project in a reasonable time frame
- Collaborate with your team to design, plan, implement and test solutions as well as with other departments to understand application development needs
- Communicate well with team members and external teams
- Follow, enhance and contribute to established team processes
- Continuously seek self-improvement and learning
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience with backend frameworks (C#, Java, Spring, Kotlin)
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals—algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
Technologies We Use:
- Frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Sencha ExtJS
- Tools: Jira, Git, Jenkins, Rundeck, Grafana, Graylog
- Other: database performance optimization, Linux administration, JWT, OpenAPI, SASS, UI/UX
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Expense Reimbursement
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Child Care Center (VT)
- On-site Fitness Center (VT)
- On-site Health Clinic (VT)
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Combined Time Off and Floating Holidays
- Flex and Hybrid Schedules
All full time job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
VIP offers the unique opportunity to become a valued member of both an industry-leading organization and a 100% employee-owned company. VIP is committed to taking care of its employees, from the daily perks that make life more fun to the substantial employer investment in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We provide a great work environment and comprehensive benefits that support a healthy work/life balance, as well as growth opportunities and a generous retirement program that support a stable future. Consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont, our goal is to offer an atmosphere that folks look forward to being a part of everyday.