Vermont Information Processing is the country's leading provider of software solutions for the beverage industry. We craft the technology that assists in every part of a beverage's journey from its creator to your glass! For over 50 years VIP's growth and success have been driven by the excellent relationships that we've built with our beverage customers and partners. We work to solve their mission-critical problems, provide innovative solutions for their businesses and never stop reimagining ways that we can help them succeed.
The VIP Accounting Department has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Assistant. We are looking for a quick learner who is highly organized and motivated to work independently to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will be reliable, efficient and have excellent communication skills.
- Receive, verify and process invoices and expense reports
- Reconcile expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records
- Facilitate payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies
- Assist with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions
- File sales tax returns to various States on a monthly basis
- Additional accounting/administrative tasks as assigned
Desired Skills & Requirements:
- Business or Accounting degree, or 2+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Sales tax experience is a plus!
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental Expense Reimbursement
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Child Care Center (VT)
- On-site Fitness Center (VT)
- On-site Health Clinic (VT)
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Combined Time Off and Floating Holidays
- Flex and Hybrid Schedules
All full time job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
VIP offers the unique opportunity to become a valued member of both an industry-leading organization and a 100% employee-owned company. VIP is committed to taking care of its employees, from the daily perks that make life more fun to the substantial employer investment in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We provide a great work environment and comprehensive benefits that support a healthy work/life balance, as well as growth opportunities and a generous retirement program that support a stable future. Consistently named one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont, our goal is to offer an atmosphere that folks look forward to being a part of everyday.