Vindex is a global esports and technology company that serves as the connective tissue between games and gamers. Vindex creates programming, technology, and experiences that holistically support the global esports industry through its portfolio of business units, including Belong Gaming Arenas, Esports Engine, and analytics platform, Let’s Play.
Vindex is looking for an experienced communications professional to lead Public and Media Relations for the corporate team and business units. The Director of Public Relations will strategize, construct, and execute the Vindex Public Relations (PB) strategy with a particular focus on business and technology storytelling. You’ll work to bring to life product announcements, thought leadership, industry POVs (in both gaming and technology), corporate news, while using your creative mind to drive earned coverage and further raise awareness of Vindex and business units in endemic and non-endemic media. This is a more traditional PR-focused job (earned media) but a mind for integrated marketing is highly valued. This job is fantastic for someone who wants to carve their own path as a rising communications leader at a company thriving at the nexus of entertainment, gaming, and technology.
- Lead & execute Vindex media relations & PR strategy for corporate communications and business unit news-making strategy
- Establish and maintain relationships with journalists and influencers including consumer, entertainment, technology, business, and broadcast press
- Further develop the internal “press office” of Vindex, own the hype machine that drives earned content and storytelling
- Manage awesome and talented external agency partner
- Use blogs, speeches, social media, awards, and speaking engagements to tell the Vindex story
- Work with external stakeholders and partners (i.e. vendors, official partners, publishers, brands) to create and execute earned media opportunities
- Use customer success stories to raise awareness of Esports Engine as the premiere technology-backed content creation and production studio
- Support Belong Gaming Arena PR through arena openings, local PR, and stakeholder relationships
- Additional ad-hoc projects and assignments based on business needs
- At least 7 years experience in Public Relations and corporate communications
- Strong media relations, writing and storytelling skills
- Experience driving earned media strategies and coverage for technology and business stories
- Able to identify story hooks and what makes the news (sometimes across the company and business units)
- Public company communications experience a plus
- Previous start up experience preferred
- Highly comfortable working across-functionalities/businesses/geographies
Vindex is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
By submitting your materials to Vindex, you unconditionally agree that Vindex may share any information you provide with its parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies.