Belong Gaming, LLC aims to be a place where every gamer can come and feel part of something bigger. Whether you want to work within the gaming industry, or experience esports as a player through our network of gaming arenas, everyone is welcome. With high-powered gaming PC’s and consoles, our arenas are a space for competitive gamers, social players, as well as the newest and freshest faces in the world of gaming - and we want you to join us!
Belong Gaming, LLC is a subsidiary of Vindex, a global esports and technology company that serves as the connective tissue between games and gamers. Vindex creates programming, technology, and experiences that holistically support the global esports industry through its portfolio of business units, including Belong Gaming Arenas, Esports Engine, and analytics platform, Let’s Play.
Critical legal role reporting to Vindex’s General Counsel and supporting Belong Gaming’s executive management team in launching and operating retail operations across the US. Associate Counsel will be responsible for providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the Belong Gaming’s executive management team, Vindex’s General Counsel and teams across extensive retail operations and geographies.
- Function as part of the Global legal department of Vindex and support Vindex’s GC in Belong initiatives and pan-Vindex initiatives that relate to Belong.
- Draft, review, and negotiate retail lease agreements, lease amendments, and related agreements for Belong Arenas in evolving and exciting retail landscape.
- Draft and review construction-related agreements and other vendor contracts. Provide negotiate support to business leader, as needed
- Counsel CFO, leadership and Vindex General Counsel on legal operation projects
- Advise on contract status, legal risks and legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Provide to support to Human Resources with general employment matters
- Provide support on complex transactions and resolve disputes particularly concerning Belong’s leased properties; negotiate vendor contracts and resolve vendor issues concerning property operations and construction services related to arenas
- Perform across functions/business units/locations and manage different projects and execution of new initiatives
- Advise on numerous launch and subsequent support to geographically dispersed retail operation
- Help design, build and improve Belong Gaming legal department, processes and procedures
- Regularly monitor compliance and stay abreast of trends impacting the business across the geographies
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferably at both a top tier law firm and in-house corporate legal department;
- Retail and Real estate experience preferred;
- Prior relevant work experience negotiating retail leases, amendments, construction-related agreements, and other commercial leasing related matters;
- Strong working knowledge of complex retail transactions, real estate transactions, intellectual property, and corporate governance;
- JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (NY)
- Experience managing outside counsel relationships
- Highly organized, able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Highly comfortable working across-functionalities/businesses/geographies
- Office environment - ability to sit for long periods
- Travel - moderate
Vindex is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
By submitting your materials to Vindex, you unconditionally agree that Vindex may share any information you provide with its parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies.