Vindex is a global esports and technology company that serves as the connective tissue between games and gamers. Vindex creates programming, technology, and experiences that holistically support the global esports industry through its portfolio of business units, including Belong Gaming Arenas, Esports Engine, and analytics platform, Let’s Play.
As part of our growth, Vindex is building Let’s Play as our best-in-class data business. The Data Pipelines team is responsible for reliable and performant collection, preparation, validation, processing and modeling of data from a variety of different data sources using modern cloud native and open-source technologies. You will be working closely with our data analysts to understand and support the business’ needs and how to best model and deliver the required data.
What you will do as a Software Engineer at Let’s Play
- Develop high performance ETLs in Scala and Python
- Develop automated tests and data validations to ensure quality
- Work collaboratively with analyst stakeholders to collect and gather data requirements
Qualities that make you a great candidate
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Scala or Python
- Proficiency with RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL) and\or distributed database systems (Snowflake, Redshift, etc)
- Familiarity with modern software practices (CI/CD, infra as code, etc)
- Familiarity with workflow management tools. (Airflow, Argo Workflow, Luigi)
- Familiarity with streaming processing systems (Spark, Flink)
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud provider
- Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem or equivalent
- Supervisory responsibilities - None
- Office environment: ability to sit for long periods
- Travel – based on business needs
Vindex is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
By submitting your materials to Vindex, you unconditionally agree that Vindex may share any information you provide with its parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies.