Vindex is a global esports and technology company that serves as the connective tissue between games and gamers. Vindex creates programming, technology, and experiences that holistically support the global esports industry through its portfolio of business units, including Belong Gaming Arenas, Esports Engine, and analytics platform, Let’s Play.
As part of our growth, Vindex is building Let’s Play as our best-in-class data business. The Data Services team is responsible for building products that drive the business toward becoming self-service and democratically data driven. You will be building tools to abstract common operations, ensure that data is easily discoverable, and automatically validated. If you’re eager to build products that enable turnkey, config-based data onboarding, transformations, and validation to support a business where data is instrumental, we’d like to hear from you.
What you will do as a Software Engineer at Let’s Play
- Develop services that interact with the data platform and empower users to easily interact with and transfer data.
- Develop tools that ensure data discoverability, quality, and compliance
- Develop automated tests and data validations to ensure quality
- Manage data personas and roles to ensure that data is properly governed.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to collect and gather requirements
Qualities that make you a great candidate
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Scala or Python
- Proficiency in building service-oriented products
- Familiarity with modern software practices (CI/CD, infra as code, etc)
- Proficiency with RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL) and\or distributed database systems (Snowflake, Redshift, etc)
- Familiarity with streaming processing systems (Spark, Flink)
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud provider
- Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem or equivalent
- Supervisory responsibilities - None
- Office environment: ability to sit for long periods
- Travel – based on business needs
Vindex is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
By submitting your materials to Vindex, you unconditionally agree that Vindex may share any information you provide with its parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies.