Vindex is a global esports and technology company that serves as the connective tissue between games and gamers. Vindex creates programming, technology, and experiences that holistically support the global esports industry through its portfolio of business units, including Belong Gaming Arenas, Esports Engine, and analytics platform, Let’s Play.
Let’s Play operates across the Vindex platform, to generate insightful, compelling and strategic analysis to drive growth, unlock value and uncover new opportunities. We are looking for a hard-working and experienced Data Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to explore, analyze and construct new datasets using internal and external data sources. You will be exploring alternative data sets, building data models and managing multiple data sources to drive value across our growing business.
- Conduct in-depth analysis on internal and external datasets to identify actionable insights for a wide breadth of stakeholders
- Independently perform quantitative research to inform qualitative analysis
- Drive the discovery, assessment and implementation of new datasets, data models and third-party relationships
- Manage, disseminate and present key findings clearly; translating data to business strategies
- Oversight and manage internal repository of external market research reports and quarterly earnings releases. Keep informed about latest news and trends in esports and the video game industry at large
- Identify and lead solutions for internal data queries across Vindex’s core business units
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- 4+ years of work experience in a data, analytics, or a related role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to translate business questions into analytical frameworks, generate actionable insights through data analysis, and effectively communicate recommendations to a wide range of audiences.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience leading, motivating and directing a team
- Exceptional SQL skills; Proven experience with Python, R, Matlab or similar.
- Experience leveraging data and advanced statistics to uncover practical insights
- Experience creating and managing end-user data deliverables through a syndicated dashboard, visualization tool or similar (e.g. Tableau or similar).
- A passion for the gaming industry, esports and gaming video viewership is preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of and curiosity to stay current on industry and technology trends along with the ability to quickly learn new tools and software
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Office environment: ability to sit for long periods
- Travel – based on business needs
Vindex is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
By submitting your materials to Vindex, you unconditionally agree that Vindex may share any information you provide with its parents, subsidiary, and affiliated companies.