Machine Learning Engineering Internship – Summer 2018
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
The Applied Machine Learning team at Vimeo is focused on developing, deploying, and maintaining machine learning models to help support and enhance the capabilities of various teams across Vimeo. Whether it's targeting users for marketing, automatically detecting fraud and spam, or enabling visual classification of all videos at Vimeo, the Applied Machine Learning team has a wide selection of projects in its future. By applying open source solutions, or experimenting with creating our own, we're focused on deploying the latest and greatest in ML across the stack.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in building machine learning models
- Work on improving existing models
- Help build pipelines and APIs for data and real time prediction
- Gain experience using docker, kubernetes, and Google Cloud technologies for deployments of models
- Work with other teams to understand real problems and develop strategies to improve or entirely solve problems with machine learning
- Write clean, portable, and well-documented code
- Grow both technically and professionally in an awesome environment with tons of development opportunities to learn and do more
What we’re seeking:
- You are familiar with one or more of these technologies: Python, Scala, Go, Java
- You are familiar with machine learning libraries or frameworks such as sklearn, keras, tensorflow, pytorch, spark-ml, R
- You have an active interest in Data Science, and Machine Learning
- You have some experience in Linux and Networking/HTTP
- You are familiar with DevOps cloud tools (Amazon, EC2, or Google Cloud)
- You have side projects or viewable public code on Github, Bitbucket, etc, especially involving machine learning
- You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2018 or 2019
- You are well-versed in object-oriented programming (OOP)
This is a paid internship.
While we offer competitive compensation, we don't provide accommodation. Please ensure you are interested in an internship in New York City under these circumstances before applying.
Creativity and diversity are at the center of the Vimeo universe. To make sure our culture and products reflect those values, we’re committed to building an actively inclusive environment for human beings of every age, race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, veteran status, national origin, and ancestry. At Vimeo, diverse backgrounds, refreshing perspectives, and open hearts are all welcome. If you like the sound of that, come work with us.