Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and market amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible, with no interruptive advertising. A focus on creating a seamless and intuitive workflow for video creators has been at the core of Vimeo’s DNA since the beginning. Read: Vimeo designers have a MAJOR impact on the business. Since Vimeo’s inception, we've designed beautiful, minimalistic UI around the world’s best videos, an incredibly friendly website, and engaging mobile and TV experiences. Everything we do, we do to make creative people work faster and better.
As Product Designer, you will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, team stakeholders, and other designers. You’ll have direct impact on Vimeo’s business through design ownership of the creator ecosystem that powers Vimeo on mobile and desktop web (think uploading video, team collaboration, customization tools, video interaction tools and much more). We have a big vision and we need good people to help us get there.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver best-in-class user-experiences worthy of the amazing content that is uploaded to Vimeo each and every day.
- Engage directly with users to interpret their problems and work to solve them with new features and initiatives.
- Work as part of a focused team to lift the key business metrics that help Vimeo to grow.
- Execute simple and beautiful design that combines intuitive UX with a cohesive, cross-platform product.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Grow your design toolset in a collaborative team bursting with talented product designers.
How you’ll do it:
- Shepherd the design of new features from the concept phase all the way to release day (and beyond that too).
- Communicate your ideas, concepts, and “aha!” moments clearly to your teammates, and bring them into conversation on how to take our products to the next level.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and developers of all levels and diverse experience to creatively solve problems and reach our goals.
- Based on product learnings, develop new features and improve our product across all platforms.
- Create product specifications, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant product experience. Show your work and process, not just final designs – and illustrate how it affected the user’s experience. Beautiful work is important, but the thinking behind it is even more so.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- A hunger to hone your talents in a collaborative environment.
- Strong experience with product/iterative work with a single product or client.
- Experience engaging directly with users of a product you’ve worked on.
- Strong ability to communicate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock ups to small or large groups, all the way from designers to the leadership team.
- Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles.
- Experience working in a collaborative team of designers, product managers, and developers for implementation of designs (hands-on instead of hand offs)
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience is ideal
- Prototyping know-how (Invision, Principle and/or other front-end implementation of designs).
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.