The Vimeo OTT team is looking for a high-performance full-stack engineer with an entrepreneurial mindset. As a Solutions Engineer, you will build new solutions and enable partners to realize the full potential of those solutions. You will write production-grade code for Vimeo OTT products in collaboration with product and engineering teams, applying your passion for problem solving by consulting with clients on creating and executing an OTT strategy. Our solutions engineers are expected to be experts in the product and evangelists of our Platform, handle tough objections with poise, and lead successful evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with internal teams to help customers better understand the technical capabilities of Vimeo’s OTT Product offerings
- Work closely with new & existing sellers to help with all aspects of the technical on-boarding and integration process
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers and use it to Influence the roadmap and product development of Vimeo OTT to meet our client's business challenges and align with Vimeo’s business objectives
- Collaborate with the engineering and product management teams to influence product roadmap and the inclusion of business priorities and requirements of early adopter customers
- Participate in industry events as a technology evangelist, speaking with prospects and customers, and often presenting the technology
- Ship reliable, scalable, efficient, and elegant code to our platform and API users
- Build new products and improve existing ones in collaboration with Vimeo Engineering Teams
- Identify unique problems and unlock opportunities through bespoke technology solutions
- Outline a path from bespoke solutions to productized solutions for our product & engineering teams
Skills & Knowledge You Should Possess:
- Experience as a Solutions Architect/Engineer or in a technical leadership role
- Proficient in Ruby & proven track record of building production-ready web applications
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently while prioritizing effectively
- Solid client management skills – experience working with outside partners in a professional and positive manner
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Proven team player that will thrive in our fluid, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter. Operates with a sense of urgency and values accountability
- Familiarity with API development and service integrations is a plus
- Passion for Vimeo and our creative community
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.