As a Sales Engineer for Vimeo, you will partner with the Sales Team to help customers better understand the technical capabilities of Vimeo’s Enterprise and OTT Product offerings. You will also be the technical liaison between the Customer and the product and engineering teams at Vimeo. You will be the master of all the technical aspects of the Vimeo Enterprise and VHX OTT platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Sales Team to help with all aspects of the technical sales process
- Understand, document and interpret customer requirements and craft solutions to meet their needs and serve as primary technical point of contact during sales process
- Work directly with leading Brands and Media companies to help them solve their online video needs
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers and use it to help form and drive the product forward, achieving their needs as well as those of the business
- Play an active, leading role in providing product feature/functionality feedback to Product & Engineering
- Keep up to date on Product Roadmap in order to incorporate into customer solutions where appropriate
- Be able to demonstrate Vimeo Enterprise and OTT product capabilities to customers
- Support the RFI/RFP process by providing responses to technical requirements
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- At least 5+ years’ experience working in the digital video industry
- Experience in Sales Engineering, Solution Architect or a technical leadership role for a Video SaaS platform and technical knowledge of online video and publishing
- Knowledge of various online video, OTT, advertising, payment, analytics, and other video technology companies
- Ability to handle multiple projects and launches concurrently while prioritizing effectively
- Project management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Solid client management skills – experience working with outside partners in a professional and positive manner
- A team player that will thrive in our fluid, fast-paced, dynamic, scaling environment.
- A highly motivated self-starter. Operates with a sense of urgency and values accountability
- Passion for Vimeo and our creative community
- Bachelor's degree required
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).