Vimeo is launching a new SVOD platform, to be populated with premium drama, comedy, and docu-series. As the company continues to increase our development and production of high-quality scripted programming, we’re in search of a Director of Scripted Programming.
This candidate needs to have a great understanding, appreciation, and knowledge of scripted programming, preferably with a specialty in drama series, and the ability to produce high rated shows for the platform. Our ideal candidate must possess a strong knowledge of scripted programming, talent, producers and overall understanding of the competitive landscape. S/he should be a true team player who can integrate and interface well with the existing department, both creatively and personally. The candidate should have a strong reputation in the creative community, as well as a proven track record of developing scripts.
What you'll do:
- Identify material for Vimeo’s new SVOD platform with a focus on scripted serialized drama
- Oversee development and production on individual projects
- Maintain a working and current knowledge of producers, writers, and directors with whom Vimeo should be in business
- Work closely with Head of Original Development to identify projects that fit within the current programming strategy
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 5-10 years of scripted experience at either a cable programmer, broadcast television network, production company or digital network
- Experience developing scripted serialized drama shows required
- The ability to give discerning and constructive notes on scripts
- Strong, productive relationships with the creative community, including studios, agents, writers and production companies. Of prime importance is experience cultivating relationships with writers, producers and showrunners for television and/or film
- Excellent organizational, research, editorial and verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial/roll-up your sleeves mind set; ability to deal with multiple priorities, tight deadlines, rapidly changing circumstances and a quickly evolving business
- Ability to work with others in a culture that encourages collaboration and mentoring
- Intellectually curious with a passionate personal interest in this genre and has an innate sense and knowledge of what drives people to watch scripted drama programming
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).