The Vimeo player is not just an online video player — it's a work of art. Well, that's going a bit far, but it *is* built to showcase the gorgeous videos people worldwide are creating. Our obsessive attention to detail in our player is apparent down to the border radius, and our player's iconic minimal aesthetic makes it special enough to spot a mile away. If you're dying to take part in building a player that's second to none, we're dying to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Write clean and reusable code using the latest HTML5 video streaming technologies
- Collaborate with a team of talented designers and other engineers to build award-winning work
- Constantly work to improve the performance, usability, and overall experience of Vimeo’s video player
- Maintain Vimeo’s video player features, while building the next big thing
- Grow both technically and professionally in an awesome environment with tons of development opportunities to learn and do more
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Dev experience within a dynamic web environment (Python, PHP, Node.JS, etc.)
- Solid background in object-oriented programming (OOP)
- A strong eye for product design and interactivity with unwavering attention to detail
- Ability to influence and persuade on engineering best practices across all levels and teams
- Passion around continuous education, research, and development around the latest video technologies
- Willing to work outside of textbook norms: a creative thinker who can take traditional software development practices and pull from them the aspects that will work best for Vimeo
- BS or MS in a Computer Science related field, or equivalent technical experience
- Knowledge or experience with DASH, HLS and/or other HTML5 streaming technologies
- Experience or knowledge of Semver with a track record of good commit messages
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).