Vimeo’s first Growth Engineer is responsible for the technical efforts to organically grow Vimeo’s unique community of consumers and uploaders. You will be involved in the design and validation of experiments to increase user population. You will be a voracious learner, resilient to failure, inclined towards action, and impact driven. You’re able to learn from data, keep up the pace, and you play well with others. Vimeo is the go-to platform for high-quality videos, and we’re in search of someone who can build products to grow our user base like a magic beanstalk.
What you'll do:
- In your first 30 days, you'll understand Vimeo's code as it relates to SEO and you’ll have created an international subdomain that’s fully SEO optimized. You’ll begin to identify deficiencies in these systems or the tools associated with them, and work with the rest of the team to update them.
- In your first 90 days, you'll have a full plan for improving SEO on-site. You’ll continue with our internationalization efforts. You’ll have conducted tests with Google Amp, Facebook Instant Articles, and other platforms.
- Within 6 months, you and your team will be the SEO experts at Vimeo. You’ll be consulting with teams on each launch, and you’ll continue to experiment.
- Beyond the first year, this team is thinking about the future of the web and how Vimeo should exist in it.
- Day-to-day, you'll be running micro experiments on social networks and building more native pages. You’ll be using tools like Optimizely and our own internal testing frameworks to set up, QA, and run A/B and multivariate tests. You’ll be deeply involved with AMP, Instant, and site-wide SEO cleanup and optimization. You’ll know you’re successful if your efforts result in driving Vimeo distribution and increasing our user-base.
- Along this journey, you will jump into the codebase and make changes directly, rather than waiting on development resources. You’ll work collaboratively with other developers who can assist you in creating growth.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in data analytics or engineering
- Demonstrated success in growth hacking, optimization, testing, and experimentation
- Deep technical understanding of SEO, web crawlers, and web optimization
- Acumen running A/B tests and multivariate testing
- Used tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Segment.io, Optimizely
- Familiarity of social and native integrations into 3rd party platforms, including Facebook Instant Articles, Google AMP, and Snapchat Stories
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).