As Head of Product for Vimeo’s Creator Platform, you will be responsible for steering our creator-facing SaaS tools to deliver unique and lasting value to enthusiasts, professional, and business customers who host, manage, and share their videos. We’re looking for a thoughtful and creative leader who can translate strategic vision into an efficient, repeatable process of shipping innovative and impactful products. You will also be in charge of all product deliverables that ensure smooth operation of our paid membership funnel and business KPIs, and will regularly represent the product perspective in executive discussions. You must possess the full spectrum of product management skills: innate user empathy, analytical horsepower, nuanced communication and collaboration skills, and a manic obsessiveness when it comes to knowing our customers and delivering value to them with care, quality, performance and polish. You will report to the SVP and General Manager of Vimeo’s Creator Platform.
What you'll do:
- Build the best tools in existence for video creators by managing the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Creator Platform business
- Recruit and manage an expanding team across Product Managers, Product Designers, and QA Specialists
- Lead cross functionally to set strategic goals, ensure appropriate prioritization, and align resources to execute on tactical roadmaps
- Own the full lifecycle of product management and development from ideation to plan, execution, and post-release analysis
- Evangelize a creator-first mindset across the company, instilling scalable processes for leveraging community input, user behavior, research, and user testing to inform product decisions
- Partner with executives across the company to refine business and technical perspectives on the creator roadmap and prioritization
- Define success metrics and work with the business intelligence team to track, analyze, and report on key performance indicators
- Maintain a deep understanding of video SaaS industry and competitive trends, and leverage that understanding to inform product decisions and business strategy
- Serve as an inspirational representative of Vimeo’s Creator Platform product leadership, both internally and externally
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years in web product management, preferably in the video and/or SaaS space
- Experience hiring and managing a team of Product Managers, Product Designers, and QA Specialists
- Experience with freemium, consumer-focused, subscription-based web products
- Demonstrated success in thinking big and launching new and innovative products that set new standards in user experience
- Expertly use analytics, user research, and business cases to inform and/or validate decisions
- Solid understanding of user engagement, business goals, and competitive pressures and the ability to convert those into product requirements and priorities
- Natural ability to build relationships across teams and provide the leadership necessary to drive projects to its completion
- Insane attention to detail and the ability to toggle between high-level, long-term strategies and ground-level, next-step tactics effortlessly
- Hands-on experience with a complex and sophisticated video creator tool is a plus
- Previous experience with Vimeo as a video creator a strong plus
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).