The product team responsible for Vimeo On Demand, the fastest growing area of Vimeo, is looking for a Product Manager to join the team. In this exciting new role, you will have the opportunity to help shape VOD, Vimeo’s platform for high-quality paid video, by defining key projects and maintaining the VOD roadmap. You’ll work closely with the Head of Product to ensure successful delivery of projects that align with business objectives, product goals, and the customers' needs.
What you'll do:
- Develop product requirements and specs based on internal needs and external market opportunities; explore ideas with engineers and designers
- Maintain a close analytic perspective on competitive services that will help identify new feature improvements at Vimeo
- Work closely with the Design and Engineering teams to ensure that all VOD projects are delivered on time and in line with market demands
- Proactively write product specifications for future versions to help inform the overall development of VOD
- Work with Business Intelligence team to ensure that VOD products have appropriate reporting metrics to measure success on KPIs and to inform the development of product features
- Research and report on competitive products in the direct video distribution space, including other VOD services
- Stay current with Film, Television, Internet, Mobile, and Connected TV trends, to help inform areas of product development
- Synthesize and drive product strategy from interactions with business stakeholders, legal, and the community teams
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience within Web and Mobile
- Proven track record of on-time, on-budget project delivery
- Experience with product and project management working in a software environment
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience developing product specs and ability to identify and prioritize product and project requirements
- Excellent relationship management along with budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Competent soft skills necessary to work across cross functional team
- Accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction or oversight
- Eloquent communicator (both written and oral), comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences. Great enthusiasm for Vimeo and advocacy for our user experience
Our ideal candidate is one who can communicate seamlessly with both the engineering, product and business teams. It is for that reason that we would love it if you had knowledge in one, or several, of the following areas:
- Online video sharing or video distribution space
- Transactional product or subscription model
- Video products on mobile and connected TV space
- Content curation or content marketing
- One or more of these technologies
- iOS, Android
- Object-oriented programming skills and a knowledge of various design patterns a plus
- Experience with using code versioning tracking tools (ie. Github)
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).