As a VHX Data Analyst at Vimeo, you’ll help us better understand how people use our product, communicate ways to improve it, and most importantly, assist our sellers in obtaining, understanding and interpreting data from our platform and how they can improve their business performance. You will also work with our marketing, sales, and community teams to answer the data requests that inform success metrics for each group. This job will also involve creating, managing, and analyzing a multitude of data pipelines and assets.
You will use data to answer all kinds of questions: What motivates people to purchase video? How can we help our sellers connect with their audiences? What are people watching, and how? How is that changing over time? If these questions sound interesting, and you have an inquisitive mind and a hard-working spirit, we’re the team for you!
What you'll do:
- Perform quantitative analysis and present the results to a diverse set of stakeholders, both inside and outside the company
- Work directly with clients, understanding and solving their data needs
- Work with the product team to answer questions, identify trends, and provide metrics that incentivize growth
- Collaborate with our accounts and sales teams to provide ongoing resources for our Enterprise-level clients
- Build and analyze reports and dashboards in our BI tools, specifically Looker
- Build reports of user behaviors
What we're expecting:
- Proficiency in SQL, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experience using a business intelligence reporting platform (but best of all, Looker)
- Background in computer science or data engineering
- Strong track record of analytical reporting
- Proactive, curious, organized, excellent communicator
- You take ownership of projects and can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
- You are cool as a cucumber under pressure
- Experience with online video
- Proficiency in additional data-focused languages (Python, R)
- Experience with AWS Redshift
- Experience with managing infrastructure on AWS
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).