We’re looking for a creative writer-editor combo to drive our content marketing efforts and infuse our products, blog, emails, and more with your linguistic je ne sais quoi. Working closely with our product, sales and design teams, you’ll create smart and engaging materials to help educate and inform our customer base, as well as writing and editing copy for our products, FAQs, blog posts and more.
Obsessed with grammar? You’d better be. Excited about breaking down complex business problems? Us too. If you find yourself swooning over a well-written blog post and love a well-timed joke, this may be the job for you.
In this role, you will:
- Create all manner of written deliverables: blog posts, marketing emails, case studies, landing pages, welcome screens, temporary tattoos, etc.
- Edit other team members’ writing: blog posts, FAQ articles, signup prompts, sales decks and API documentation
- Help develop our overall editorial strategy and broader content marketing efforts. How can we use great writing to attract great customers?
- Proactively scour our sites and marketing materials to continuously improve our words.
- Help oversee and obsess about the consistency and quality of our brand voice and make sure we always sound like us. Develop style guides and other documentation to help others within the company do the same.
- Bring positive vibes to our office.
Here is what you need to be successful in this job:
- Experience with content marketing for businesses. We’re specifically looking to find and convince media professionals to choose our platform over the competition – how can we best reach them?
- Experience as a writer or editor for an Internet product or service, where you excelled at researching and writing blog and social posts, emails, site copy, and more.
- A mastery of the English language and an obsession with the ways in which words work together
- Comfortable using data to inform your decisions and test new ideas. If you’ve used Google Analytics to figure out which of your posts are reaching people and what kind of marketing channels bring in the best customers, you’ll fit right in.
- Extreme attention to detail — we don’t require perfection, but we highly recommend it.
- An enthusiasm for working closely with designers and developers to create beautiful Internet products/services.
- The intestinal fortitude to say “no” to things you don’t believe in, or things that don’t meet our brand/voice guidelines.
- An uncontrollable desire to make sentences shorter and funnier.
To apply, please send us these things:
- Your awesome resume
- A non-generic and error-free cover letter
- A link to your portfolio or blog or whatever digital repository you use to stockpile accomplishments
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo, via its VHX platform, provides an end-to-end technology solution for individual creators, niche programmers and major media partners building and distributing premium over-the-top (OTT) video channels (think Netflix in-a-box!). We work very closely with individual creators all the way up to enterprise sellers. With over one hundred subscription channels with over 40 apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku, VHX focuses on the core technology while our sellers focus on what they do best: making content. We believe we can build a platform that is powerful and customizable enough to serve as the backbone to all premium video networks across the globe.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).