Vimeo’s Director of Growth, Product is responsible for the quality and success of efforts to organically grow Vimeo’s unique community of consumers and uploaders, from requirements definition to design, development, product launch, and post-launch analysis. Vimeo is the go-to platform for high quality videos on the Interwebs, and we’re in search of someone who can build products to grow our diverse user-base like a magical beanstalk.
What you’ll do:
- Lead cross-functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, and analysts
- Use data to define, manage, and innovate around Vimeo’s organic growth strategy in order to acquire both more creators and more viewers
- Manage SEO and social documentation, and evangelize best practices across the product and technology teams
- Manage Social Syndication, and enable Vimeo videos to go organically viral across existing and emerging social platforms
- Define MVPs and success metrics/goals, and conduct analyses to measure the impact of products and experiments
- Create and gather requirements from stakeholders that help meet Vimeo goals; including Design, Content, Marketing and Technology teams
- Propose roadmap initiatives & hypotheses, running frequent tests, that have the potential to lead towards major growth for new users; work with BI to make data-driven decisions about success and direction
- Create and own performance dashboards, reports, and market trends around SEO, social, and other forms of organic growth
- Communicate project status, roadblocks, milestones, and data trends on a regular basis to all stakeholders
- Research developments and trends in the competitive landscape via user experience studies, quantitative research, and knowledge of industry best practices
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years building SEO, social, and growth products across platforms
- Technical understanding of SEO, web crawlers, and web optimization
- Familiarity of social and native integrations into 3rd party platforms, including Facebook Instant Articles, Google AMP, and Snapchat Stories
- Experience working with UGC (user generated content) in video or media
- Experience managing teams through JIRA, Confluence, or other project management and wiki tools
- Strong interpersonal skills, and success in building positive and productive teams
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).