The Vimeo Creative Team is on the hunt for an extraordinarily talented writer and strategist to help us connect with (and showcase!) Vimeo’s amazing and diverse community of video creators on social media, our blog, and beyond. If you find yourself Googling best practices for optimizing video on Instagram, swooning over well-written emails, and appreciating the myriad benefits of a well-timed joke, you may be the perfect fit.
In this role, you will:
- Schedule, write, and publish posts to drive our blog and social channels on a daily basis — and edit copy from staff, partners, and your fellow writers.
- Dream up and execute campaigns that highlight the best of Vimeo’s Creator Platform and the people who use it, including casual creators, professional filmmakers, businesses, and beyond.
- Create images, GIFs, and video clips to celebrate our creators and make our channels lovelier.
- Coordinate with the Entertainment Creative Team to manage shared calendars and ensure consistency in look, feel, and tone.
- Regularly report back to the team on how each of our channels are performing, and dig into who our audiences are, and what they’re engaging with. You’ll also help establish guidelines and best practices for our word-related efforts.
- Lend a hand to our other copy needs across web, mobile, and more: think emails, ads, landing pages, temporary tattoos, etc.
- Work closely with our marketing and fellow creative teammates to make Vimeo look and sound cool across our site, social channels, events, and more.
If you’re applying, you should:
- Have 1-2 years of experience managing social channels on behalf of a brand.
- Have a degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or another related field.
- Have experience managing multiple channels through a social CRM (like Sprinklr).
- Be up on all the latest and greatest developments in the world of social media, actually cool brand blogs, worthwhile emails, ad trends, and more.
- Have a knack for storytelling across all sorts of mediums — and a total mastery of the English language and all its wondrously weird grammar rules.
- Be comfortable dabbling in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Flash, and tools for creating images, GIFs, and short video clips (or be excited to learn).
- Be familiar with building dashboards and pulling reports on key social engagement and performance metrics.
To apply, please send us:
- A non-generic cover letter
- An impressive resume
- A link (or links) to samples of your work
Vimeo empowers creators with the best tools to manage, share, and sell videos, while providing a leading consumer entertainment destination for innovative programming. We’re home to the world’s most imaginative videos and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them.
Vimeo is rapidly growing our three core lines of business: the Creator Platform (premium video hosting and creator tools), VHX (OTT Services), and Entertainment (the consumer-facing video marketplace). We’re a team of over 200 creative, passionate individuals headquartered in New York City, and we’re looking for smart and talented people of all backgrounds to join our team and build the next generation of great video products for creators and audiences.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).