Are you passionate about filmmaking, and new creative forms of video storytelling? Do you love building interactive tools for creators? Do you have creative ideas around how to engage audiences with video? Join one of the strongest video teams in the digital media and technology, and lead the next generation of great video products for video creators and audiences. This role functions as a Creative Technologist on the Video team, and reports directly into the Director of Video Product.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, and research to design the next generation player experiences for Vimeo
- Design interaction and animation solutions that reduce friction throughout the viewing experience
- Build player prototypes for testing and to demonstrate proof of concepts for new player product features
- Lead hands-on testing with users in order to quickly iterate on product concepts to meet business and user needs
- Use data to drive UX design, with the ability to propose design solutions to meet a goal, and then test, learn, and iterate on the designs based on the data
- Innovate around player tools to continue to redefine video experiences and user behavior as technology evolves
- Competitive analysis on best practices and latest innovations around search and recommendations
- Present your research and design within the Video team, and to other stakeholders across Vimeo
- Publicly represent Vimeo design innovation throughout the video and media community
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years designing interactive video experiences
- Strong animation and motion graphics skills, with an acute attention to detail and refined aesthetic
- Fluency in After Effects, Principle, Framer, or other prototyping tools for interactive and time-based mocks
- Strong skills in developing responsive experiences that display correctly on all platforms (desktop browser, mobile, tablet)
- Strong interpersonal skills, and success in evolving team culture in a positive and more productive direction
About the Video team:
The Video team spans across Upload, Transcoding, and Player; with a cross functional team focused on creating the highest quality video experiences for creators and viewers. Within Vimeo, it is the core component to the growth of the business, and long term innovation around video. The team’s focus is to experiment with new and creative solutions to some of the biggest questions facing video experiences for today and the future. This role reports directly into the Director of Video Product.
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).