As a backend engineer at Vimeo OTT, you’ll do a bit of everything -- handling payments across multiple platforms, iterating on our API to serve a growing number of app platforms, and scaling our subscription service to new heights. Are you passionate about solving complex and interesting problems in the video technology space? Are you obsessed with scale, performance, and building beautiful products? Do you seek a casual workplace that’s serious about making great products and a healthy work/life balance? If so, we’re looking for you!
In this role, you will:
- Evolve and scale application architecture and services.
- Build and improve features for Vimeo OTT (e.g. advertising, live video, and more).
- Improve metrics, monitoring, and alerts for all critical services.
- Improve caching and performance across applications and CDN (we use Fastly).
- Write well-tested, performant, and maintainable code.
- Help move applications to a service oriented architecture.
- Help mentor and grow engineers.
What we’re expecting:
- Proven track record of building production-ready web applications.
- Strong experience with web development practices and tools -- REST APIs, SQL, ORMs, caching, async workers, etc.
- Devops experience -- prior work w/ AWS, GCP, Heroku, etc.
- Proactive, great communicator, and well-organized.
- Appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, peer-reviewed, and documented code.
- You take ownership and monitor the things you architect.
- You are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively to meet deadlines.
- You are cool as a cucumber under pressure.
- Proficiency with the tools of our trade -- Ruby, Rails, Node.js, React.
- Experience with video -- delivery, transcoding, production, etc.
- Experience with payment platforms.
- Video advertising expertise.
- Hands-on time with microservices, containers, and orchestration.
About Vimeo & the Vimeo OTT team:
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories, and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 70 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
The Vimeo OTT platform provides an end-to-end solution for individual creators, niche programmers, and major media partners to build and distribute premium over-the-top (OTT) video channels (think Netflix in-a-box!). With over five hundred subscription channels with over 150 apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku, Vimeo OTT focuses on the core technology while our sellers focus on what they do best: making content. We are building a platform that is powerful and customizable enough to serve as the backbone to all premium video networks across the globe.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.