Vimeo is looking for an experienced Data Engineer II, Analytics to join our Data Architecture and Analytics Engineering team and work closely with Data Analysts and Data Scientists to create and maintain robust, scalable, and sustainable data models that provide decision-making insights for senior leadership including executives. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action and results, with experience in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
What you'll do:
- Build data models that can support dynamic and efficient data analysis, and collaborate with other teams to maintain and evolve those models over time
- Ensure alignment to coding standard methodologies and development of reusable code
- Partner with Data Analysts to understand business processes and identify opportunities to build scalable and efficient data models that can be used for scalable, refreshable analysis and reporting
- Create and enable the generation of ad-hoc / on-demand data sets for use by analysts and data scientists
- Work with Engineering teams to set up monitoring and alerting systems for business and product KPIs
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 2+ years working with Analytics and Data Engineering teams with a mixed data engineering and analytics background
- 2+ years of experience in scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Experience working on or leading initiatives around data governance, master data management, data catalogs, and enterprise data warehouse architecture
- Strong analytical skills, data sensibility, and an able communicator
- Open to working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in:
- Dimensional Modeling
- Data pipeline development, workflow management, and orchestration tools
- ETL optimization and best practices
- Snowflake or other column-oriented and cloud-based databases
- Looker or any similar Business Intelligence tool
- Relational Databases
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Git / Github
- Looker/Tableau is a big plus
- large data sets (terabyte scale)
- Apache Airflow
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the world’s most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better and bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users — from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the world’s largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.