Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible, with no interruptive advertising. A focus on high-quality video discovery and viewing UX has been at the core of Vimeo’s DNA since the beginning. Read: Vimeo designers have a MAJOR impact on the business. Since this Vimeo’s inception, we've designed beautiful, minimalistic UI around the world’s best videos, the world's most gorgeous video player, an incredibly friendly website, and engaging mobile and TV experiences.
As Product Designer, you will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, team stakeholders, and other designers. You’ll have direct impact on Vimeo’s business through design ownership of the viewing aspects of Vimeo on mobile and desktop web (think watching video, discovery, browse, search, categories, recommendations, and many more ways to get eyes on videos).
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Deliver best-in-class discovery, browse, search and viewing experiences worthy of the amazing videos that are uploaded to Vimeo each and every day
- Increase video plays and engagement with the product across all devices and platforms
- Foster a strong and always friendly connection between our creators, content, and the humans watching their videos
- Execute simple and beautiful design that combines intuitive UX with a cohesive, cross-platform product
- Grow your design toolset in a collaborative team bursting with talented product designers
HOW YOU'LL DO IT:
- Contribute to the design of intuitive viewing and discovery experiences that drive plays, engagement, number of videos watched, and other Vimeo product goals
- Communicate your ideas, concepts, and “aha!” moments clearly to your teammates, and bring them into conversation on how to take our viewing products to the next level
- Learn from designers, product managers, and developers of all levels and diverse experience to creatively solve problems and reach our goals
- Based on product learnings, develop new features and improve our video pages, search, browse, categories, mobile web site, and more
- Create product specifications, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant product experience. Show your work and process, not just final designs – and illustrate how it affected the user’s experience.
- 2-3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- A hunger to hone your talents in a collaborative environment
- Strong experience with product/iterative work with a single product or client
- Strong ability to communicate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock ups to small or large groups, from designers to executives
- Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles
- Experience working in a collaborative team of designers, product managers, and developers for implementation of designs (hands-on instead of hand offs)
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience is ideal
- Prototyping know-how (Invision, Principle and/or other front-end implementation of designs)
ABOUT THE DESIGN TEAM:
Vimeo's Design team is responsible for creating the top quality user experience Vimeo is known for. Designers are responsible for everything from user flows to visual design to brand communication. They think big and small designing complex tools and obsessing over tiny UI details. The team works closely with product and engineering to keep Vimeo minimal, powerful, and intuitive. They have an empathic understanding of user needs and advocate for user-centric design while constantly pushing Vimeo into new innovation.
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).