We’re looking for a strategic Communications Director to join Vimeo’s growing team, working to support our rapid growth by telling Vimeo’s industry leadership and vision story in the media and with thought leadership initiatives that bring to life how video is entering the world of work in exciting new ways.
This is the right opportunity for a communications professional with deep experience in the B2B SaaS industry and across the world of video. The candidate must have a strong track record of developing and placing high-impact media stories and crafting thought leadership programs that deliver on a company’s growth and enhancing its reputation. Additionally, the candidate must be a master at working collaboratively across multiple teams across a company to develop and deliver on shared goals.
What you’ll do:
- Create integrated and strategic global communications campaigns and programs to tell the Vimeo story with key stakeholders, focused on the advancements we’re making with our all-in-one video software solution and how the world is embracing video for work.
- Devise creative external communications campaigns and ongoing proactive outreach about Vimeo’s products and partnerships with media, IT analysts, and influencers.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to the business and executive leadership team, on overall positioning, and reputational challenges including brand, and for the short and long term.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with relevant tech and business reporters.
- Create processes, mechanisms, and playbooks to ensure efficiency and strategic alignment.
- Draft media announcements and thought leadership assets, (e.g., scripts, presentations, blog posts, etc.)
- Train and support spokespeople with media and speaking opportunities.
- Work closely with the marketing, product, and partnerships teams to create integrated communications plans
- Help manage agency relationships
- Provide corporate-level support as needed
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of technology public relations experience, in-house or at an agency
- Experience planning and executing global product launches at scale
- Experience managing national and industry media relationships
- Experience in the B2B SaaS technology and video categories
- Expertise building and executing creative thought leadership programs, executive-level messaging, and associated content, leveraging industry research and trends
- Excellent writing skills for multiple audiences
- Demonstrated social media expertise
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently
Targeted Base Salary Range: $137,000 to $202,500
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, tuition reimbursement, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs