Vimeo is looking for a Senior Product Designer to work with our live creation team. Live streaming is changing the world and has become a center of focus for Vimeo, from self-serve live streaming to Enterprise use cases (such as company all hands, webinars, etc). The Live team at Vimeo sits on the forefront of visual company communications, and this role will play a major part of creating a world class live streaming experience.
The ideal candidate will have a bias for action, an understanding of video (either through live streaming or video on demand), and sophisticated interactions; will have deep empathy for users.
We need a pragmatic, detailed-minded designer with a desire to create amazing products! Someone who has a strong visual point of view, loves working quickly to generate many different ideas. You should thrive on close collaboration with others and be prepared to lead the way in reimagining how everyone can use the power of video.
What you'll do:
- Drive design and vision for our best-in-class video player products to transform the way our customers – marketers, video professionals, SMBs, and Enterprises – distribute video content.
- Work with your Product, Engineering and Marketing partners to launch and iterate premium product features and experiences across web and mobile platforms.
- Implement simple and elegant design solutions that enable content creators to enhance videos by way of machine learning technology and then manually layer rich interactivity throughout video content.
- Design from the concept phase all the way to product release and beyond by crafting high level user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Work with our Customer Insights and Data team to directly engage with users and translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into informed design decisions and new product concepts.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 6+ years as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX practices and methods. Seeks and provides feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day hands-on design execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a strong proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills - can clearly articulate your design vision and rationale through verbal and written explanation to any audience ranging from fellow designers to the leadership team.
- Ability to be autonomous - takes initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with other teams and designers.
- Recent portfolio or samples of web / native app product design work informed by quantitative or qualitative user research as well as the process that led to their launch.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs