Vimeo’s marketing team is searching for a talented, passionate, and analytical Director of Events. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for driving demand for B2B SaaS products.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving awareness, demand, and expansion for Vimeo’s world-class video solutions for businesses of all sizes. The ideal candidate will have extensive strategic and tactical experience with both virtual and in-person events.
In this role you will be responsible for planning and executing events at all scales and stages of the funnel, and working cross functionally (and with outside contractors) to deliver events and event activations, with video marketing as a core component. In addition to your functional responsibilities, you will be an event marketing subject matter expert, with a strong point-of-view on what success looks like, and you will have an opportunity to share best practices with other marketers externally, and feedback with our product teams internally as a part of your role.
What you’ll do:
- Lead event activations within the overall business objectives, product roadmap and marketing strategy
- Build a multi-year growth plan for owned and sponsored events (both virtual and in-person)
- Work with community, demand, partner, and customer teams to create delightful and impactful experiences across all touchpoints for pre-event, event, and post-event moments
- Develop compelling event programming with the right mix of storytelling, customer experiences, and by featuring our own thought leaders and product experts to drive audience interest, attendance, engagement and pipeline
- Partner with demand generation and performance marketing teams to drive audience acquisition both pre and post event
- Develop scalable and repeatable processes that make event planning and promotion more efficient and effective
- Present regular event reports and provide thoughtful recommendations based on data-backed insights and qualitative feedback
- 10+ years in event management, with 5+ years leading teams (either in-house or contractors)
- Demonstrated ability to create net new event programs and drive business impact
- Experience working in an integrated marketing/demand gen organization
- Positive and motivated self-starter
- Lead and influence with executives and cross-departmentally
- Excellent budget management and project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual presentation skills
- Creative, collaborative, and resourceful
- Data-driven mindset focused on setting and measuring KPIs and pipeline metrics
- Working knowledge and comfort working in Salesforce, Marketo, Instapage, Wordpress, Figma a plus
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs