Vimeo is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Revenue Accounting team in New York, to support the company’s continued growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and uphold a strong and sustainable internal control environment.

In this role, you will work closely with the Revenue Accounting Manager, other members of the accounting team, as well as cross functionally, to ensure Vimeo’s revenue recognition policies, procedures and reporting are in accordance with US GAAP, specifically ASC 606 and internal policies.

What you’ll do:

• Own the month-end close for certain revenue accounts in Blackline and Oracle, including preparing journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations and reporting
  • Assist with on-going enhancements to our close process
  • Coordinate source data reports, third party reporting, and cash transactions impacting revenue reporting
  • Review customer contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with U.S. GAAP, ASC 606 and internal policies.  This includes creating revenue schedules at the inception of the contract and continually maintaining revenue recognition, deferred revenue and unbilled accounts receivables related accounts
  • Investigate account variances and provide succinct explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting
  • Partner with Finance Operations and Sales Operations team to ensure revenue-affecting data points are properly reflected in Salesforce in real time
  • Collaborate with cross function teams (Products, Analytics, Sales Ops) on new revenue products, business changes and to improve existing processes and support business needs
  • Participate in the implementation and integration of new software
  • Provide support and respond to audit requests from internal and external auditors, as needed
  • Assist with ad hoc accounting issues/questions to support project planning and delivery

Skills and knowledge you should possess:

• 4+ years of experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with at least 2 years of revenue accounting experience (606 Revenue Recognition) at a publicly traded company
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
  • Outstanding organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
  • Work well both independently and in a team environment, collaborating with individuals across a broad range of operational, functional, and technical disciplines 
  • Proficient with Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Conditional formulas), particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading, and manipulating large amounts of data
  • Zuora and Salesforce experience a plus
  • Champion process improvements and automation initiatives to reduce legacy manual processes within revenue accounting and reporting functions.
  • Ability to develop new procedures to meet identified needs and/or to adjust to changes in procedures as requested.
  • Strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, and the desire to achieve

Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 260 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.

Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.

Learn more at www.vimeo.com

Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs

Apply for this Job

* Required

When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review
+ Add Another Education

Vimeo Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Voluntary Demographics

We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions that are part of our inclusion efforts. If you choose to fill them out, the responses will be used (in aggregate only with no ability to see on a per candidate basis) to help us identify areas for improvement in our process. Your responses, or your choice to not respond, will not be associated with your specific application and cannot in any way be used in the hiring decision.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply):

Veteran Status

I have a physical disability: