Vimeo’s platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, and video lovers around the globe. As a member of the Business Intelligence (BI) team, reporting to the director of BI, you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining our redesigned Looker platform, and keep it running optimally. Furthermore, you will work closely with BI stakeholders to oversee the Looker platform as an administrator, provide on-boarding, and ensure established best practices are utilized.
The Business Intelligence (BI) team at Vimeo delivers relevant and reliable information to facilitate effective decisions supported by data. We are a highly dynamic team, responsible for all aspects related to data, including making data available, data cleaning, extraction, problem formulation and definition of success metrics, reporting, and analytics.
Vimeo is looking for a system administrator to manage Looker, Vimeo’s de facto Analytics platform. Looker is used by dozens of analysts and hundreds of users company wide.
What you'll do (including but not limited to):
- Assist in Looker onboarding, development, maintenance, curation, security access administration, and more
- Ensure Looker best practices for users and developers are executed and communicate new releases and how best to use new features
- Model Management
- Work with BI Engineering and BI Architecture to make sure appropriate LookML models are present and troubleshoot errors in existing data models
- Modify existing project structure to account for new reporting needs
- Construct SQL statements to use with new dimensions and measures
- Build Explores and/or dashboards for users to answer business questions
- Evaluate and optimize queries and reports for performance, including determination of which solution to use based on performance implications (e.g., Explores, derived tables)
- Determine appropriate solutions for improving data availability
Knowledge you should possess
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in area of Business, Information Management, Statistics, or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years of experience in an administration role
- SQL working with large datasets
- Proficient in Looker or Tableau
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
What type of person we’re looking for:
- Naturally curious and willing learner
- A problem solver
- Highly organized, responsible, and reliable
- Good people and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Passionate and interested in systems administration
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.